I HAD to go back to Henry Cowell with a camera, so I could take pictures of the trail and the observation deck. As soon as I got home everyone in the house went to sleep, and I couldn't get to my camera without making too much noise. So...I'll have to post those later. Definitely found my new favorite spot to run.
In lieu of that, I will tell you abut a super fast, incredibly easy, healthy dinner we had this week.
What you need for two servings.
- 1 Lemon (or 2 if you like a lot of lemon)
- 1 Bag of Carrot Chips
- 1 head of Broccoli
- 2 pieces of Cod
- Olive Oil
- Mrs. Dash
- Salt & Pepper
I bought a back of carrot chips like this to make the vegetable steaming process go faster for the carrots. If you use baby carrots they take a little longer to cook than the broccoli. These take exactly the same amount of time as the broccoli (at least that's how we like them).
- Put the oven to 450.
- Prepare the fish in an oven safe dish with Olive Oil, a little Mrs. Dash and top off with a squeeze of lemon. I also slice a little lemon, and bake the fish with that too.
- Cut the broccoli off the stock and throw the carrots and broccoli in a veg steamer basket. We just got this for Christmas and it works great! --> Calphalon 8-qt. Contemporary Nonstick Multi-pot with Steamer
- Throw the fish in to cook for 10 minutes.
- Boil the water, and steam the carrots and broccoli for 5-7 minutes.
- When the Veggies are done sprinkle them with Olive oil and a little salt/pepper.
Delicious dinner in 10 minutes. We both felt great after this meal.